From Tootsville Wiki-Wiki
When we might send e-mail
- If you request an e-mail message. For example, you can forward SMS from your in-game mobile phone.
- If you are a Parent, your child can request permission to sign on by sending you an e-mail, if you have configured this option.
- If you subscribe to a mailing-list that we manage.
- If you sign up for a Wiki-Wiki account, and you request notifications with the Special:Watchlist or other features.
- If you contact us, and we reply.
- If a character on your account requests assistance from us.
- If a character on your account needs to be “warned” of unacceptable behavior, or is removed from the game.
The one, possibly unexpected, source is;
- If, through analyzing our data, we see that you seem to be having technical difficulties, we may contact you to offer assistance. We might ask for some non-personally-identifiable technical details, as well, to help us troubleshoot the problem.
E-Mail we do not send
- We will never ask for information about your Google Account or other accounts.
- Emphatically, that means we will never ask for passwords, credentials, or other secret information.
Verifying legitimate mail
- We will use your real name (obtained from your Google Account) and possibly your character name(s) in addressing you. For example, the header (envelope) of an e-mail might say,
To: "John Doe" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- We will only contact you using appropriate Tootsville e-mail accounts. The following domains are associated with Tootsville support e-mails:
- We will never ask for any password or financial information
- @players.tootsville.org addresses are from other players of the game, and not (necessarily) members of the Violet Volts team.
- @tootsbook.com addresses may belong to writers of blogs about Tootsville, and not (necessarily) members of the Violet Volts team.
More technical checks
- System-generated messages will also have a (usually) hidden Message-ID code ending in adventuring.click.
- We will begin Signing E-Mail in the near future. This will help to prove that we sent the message.