This is really more about our values as an online community, particularly Violet Volts.
In other words, if you're contributing content to the game, these are the values we want to instill in our players.
#1 is Fun. — This is a game, it's meant to be fun first and foremost.
- Non-violence. We will not add the ability to harm any living thing to the game.
- Redemption — and forgiveness. The ability to forgive someone and for someone to redeem themself for having done wrong.
- As a special case, for storytelling purposes, this does not apply to Shade.
- Consistency — the game world's story got edited a little after Tootsville IV to account for changes to the system and all, but we don't want to go rewriting history too often.
- Respect for one another and one another's belongings.
Some of the other lessons?
- Be nice; “do to others, as you would have them do to you. This is the whole of the law…”
- Help others
- Care for your environment
- Don't discriminate; don't stereotype.
Some educational elements we can maybe work in (see Edutainment)
- Younger players:
- Online safety
- Basic foreign language skills (eg, Dragón)
- Older players:
- Programming skills (Scheme maybe? or SmallTalk?)
- Higher maths and things? (The MIT lectures?)