The “Cadre” are the (future) leaders of the nonprofit organization that will be taking over Tootsville's management.
- The leader of the Cadre will be the Operations Manager.
- The technical lead will be the Chief Engneer.
- There will be (initially) three Captains in the Cadre.
- There will also be (initially) one Lieutenant.
Cadre will initially be appointed by BRFennPocock who is, until then, Benevolent Dictator. (Self-)Nominations are being accepted now (November-December, 2017) for appointment in January. Send nominations to email@example.com.
Charter Powers of the Cadre
From the Charter:
- For purposes of law, the Cadre may be identified as the Board of Directors and Managers of the Corporation.
- Except as forbidden by this Charter, the Cadre may exercise any powers in the authority of the nonprofit corporation or may delegate those powers to any employee, contractor, or other agent for a limited or indefinite time.
- The Cadre will initially consist of six seats:
- The Operations Manager,
- The Chief Engineer,
- Three Captains,
- One Lieutenant.
- Any member of the Cadre may resign at will. In concert with their resignation, they may nominate a successor, subject to confirmation by the majority of the remaining members of the Cadre. No member of the Cadre may resign if there is an unfilled vacancy in the Cadre outstanding, however.
- Any member of the Cadre may take a leave of absence and appoint a temporary replacement to act in their name for a period of up to ninety days. Their replacement is subject to suspension or removal at the unanimous decision of the other members of the Cadre.
- Any member of the Cadre may appoint an emergency successor, who will replace them and act in their name for a period of up to ninety days, in the event that the regular member of the Cadre is unable to perform their duties due to incapacity or death. Their replacement is subject to suspension or removal at the unanimous decision of the other members of the Cadre.
- Emergency successors are explicitly authorized to replace members of the Cadre in the event of any emergency (as per Florida Statute 617.0207(5)) which prevents the usual Cadre member from participating. “Incapacity” includes physical or mental illness, or inability to access communications services for an extended time for any reason, including isolation by a natural disaster.
- In the event of a permanent or long-term (over sixty days) expected vacancy in the Cadre,
- The Chief Engineer must appoint one or more alternates Engineers as replacements, who will act as a replacement Chief Engineer until one is elected.
- A vacant Captaincy must be filled by Cadre election within sixty days.
- A vacant Lieutenancy must be filled by general public election within sixty days.
- The Operations Manager and Chief Engineer may be the same person; the other seats must be filled by any person who is qualified as a Director of a Corporation in the State of Florida, but must be discrete individuals, and natural persons.
- The operations of the Cadre shall be democratic, limited by this Charter.
- The members of the Cadre will be paid a salary by the corporation, which will be a flat rate, not subject to performance of any individual or the corporation, and no more than a fair and reasonable level of compensation for the scale of the corporation, but not less than one cent. The salary of the Cadre will be available for public inspection.
- The salaries of the Operations Manager and Chief Engineer may be set at a value different than those of the Captains or Lieutenant. The salary of the Lieutenant may be no less than one half that of a Captain.